Information for exchange students concerning COVID-19
We are very excited to welcome you at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria (UAS)!
We would like to inform you accordingly about the most important facts concerning COVID-19 during your stay in Austria.
+43 50 344 20060 or 20061
- Mon., Tue. & Wed. - 08:00 - 17:00
- Thursday - 08:00 - 16:00
To maximize the containment of the coronavirus, possible risks of infection have to be reported to the UAS for Health Professions Upper Austria and your work place (e.g. hospital, laboratory…). Promplty report to your work place and the international office and please cc email@example.com in your correspondence in case you have been tested positive for COVID-19
Course of action
If you are infected with the coronavirus we ask you to follow these instructions:
- Stay in your accommodation. Do not come to the UAS for Health Professions Upper Austria or your work place (e.g.hospital).
- Contact the Health Advice Hotline („Telefonische Gesundheitsberatung 1450“) for quick and unbureaucratic healthrelated advice, telephone number +43 1 1450 (available 24/7). Follow their advice – they do also decide wether a PCR-test ist necessary. Do NOT go to the hospital/doctor without appointment.
- Please inform
- your work place of your traineeship (laboratory, hospital…) AND
- the international office AND
- cc your mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
so that necessary precautions can be taken (contact details below). Healthy or not, requirements set by your work place have to be complied with – for your protection and the protection of others.
- Further questions (e.g. behaviour in your accommodation, food supply during quarantine, getting to the PCR-test) will be clarified individually with the staff of the UAS for Health Professions Upper Austria.
Please stay clear from the UAS for Health Professions Upper Austria/your work place if you experience acute symptoms of an infection (at leeast one of the following symptoms: cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste/smell) of if you have been in contact with a person who has COVID-19. In all cases please get tested for COVID-19!
Cancellation of your stay in Austria
We care for your and other people’s health. This is why we would like to ask you to please keep in mind that, depending on the further development of the pandemic, it is unlikely but changes might come into effect promptly and affect your traineeship.
It is possible that a traineeship gets cancelled, f.e. due to health problems, please contact the international office immediately for support concerning your journey back home.
Questions regarding the effects on your Erasmus+ funding and your studies in the country of origin should be clarified with your home university.
Costs and liability
Please note that the UAS for Health Professions Upper Austria cannot accept liability for any costs incurring during your stay in Austria (e.g. measures of the Austrian authorities, cancellation/transportation/health costs etc.).
Do not forget to terminate your tenancy agreement in Austria. For assistance and questions please contact the international office.
Austrian Emergency numbers (free of charge)
For emergencies please contact one of the Austrian emergency numbers listed below.
We will take all measures to ensure the best possible approach in this situation and keep you up-to-date. Please check your email account regularly and feel free to contact us if questions arise!