Being able to be active is a basic human need. Many people, however, are restricted in their occupational performance due to a variety of circumstances. It is the task of the occupational therapists to extend and/ or to stabilise their radius of activity with suitable therapeutic measures. The students can acquire the necessary skills for this in the Study programme “Occupational therapy‚Äù with close practical training.
As well as expertise in technical methodology, the students acquire socio-communicative skills such as conflict management, the ability of self-reflection, capacity for teamwork, role distance etc. Furthermore they learn the fundamental concepts of scientific work. In the accompanying internship the student is offered the opportunity to realise and to intensify the acquired know how under expert guidance.
The study programme is divided into modules, which are partly offered on an inter-disciplinary basis. The curriculum is characterised by a balance between in-depth theoretical education, science and work experience. Graduates of the study programme are in a position, to expertly carry out the allocated tasks, while combining the know how from the various disciplines. They have learned to act reflectively and autonomously in their professional daily routine and to act in accordance with their professional code of ethics.
The programme focus is comprised of general and the job-related medical principles as well as of the relevant content from the reference sciences:
- basics of occupational therapy
- models and theories behind occupational therapy
- specific aspects and areas of activity of occupational therapy
- basics for health professions: ethics, law, hygiene, inter-disciplinary approaches
- reference sciences: pedagogic, sociology, psychology and medicine
- self and social competence
- basics of scientific work
- work practice
- compulsory module in the fields of Community Based Rehabilitation und Case Management
- project- and quality Management