Diversity describes social plurality and social differences in all circumstances and concepts of life in relation to
- chronic diseases
- sexual orientation
- religion and ideology
The University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria is committed to a proactive approach to diversity and considers a respectful and non-biased attitude indispensable when dealing with diversity.
The statutes of the University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria describe this commitment to the equal treatment of applicants, students and staff, regardless of their gender, age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation and social background. The aim is to promote diversity in the learning and working environment of the University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions throughout the academic years and to emphasise its enriching role.
The following examples illustrate how this objective is realised:
- A favourable learning and working environment for students and employees with disabilities and chronic diseases by individual support and agreement
- Encouraging individuality with adequate group sizes in different courses
- Accessibility throughout the application- and acceptance process
- Inclusion of students with migratory background; living cultural diversity
- Diversity as part of the curricula
- Taking plurality and heterogeneity into account in the didactic concept as well as in marketing
- Wheel-chair accessibility
- Activities in internationalisation