Data protection information Study application
With this information we inform you about the processing of your personal data when you apply for a study place and about the rights you are entitled to according to national and European regulations.
We are responsible for data processing: University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria, Semmelweisstraße 34, 4020 Linz.
1. Implementation of the application process:
The universities of applied sciences are obliged to carry out an application process in accordance with § 11 FHStG. In order to be able to process this fairly and lawfully, we process all data that you provide yourself in the context of the application and that arise in the course of the application process, on the legal basis of the pre-contractual relationship that was justified by your application and § 11 FHStG.
Data processing is absolutely necessary for this purpose, so that your application cannot be processed if you do not provide the requested data or refuse to collect it. Fields marked with * in the online application form are mandatory.
In the course of this, your data will be transmitted to the following carefully selected processors who are contractually obliged to provide comprehensive data protection:
- All data is transmitted to the IT service provider of the University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria, which provides the entire IT infrastructure with which the University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria works in all areas.
- First name, last name, applicant ID, admission requirements (type of school), desired courses and their prioritization are transmitted to the processor, who carries out the written entrance tests.
- According to the regulations of the FH-MTD training regulation, FH midwifery training regulation and FH health and nursing training regulation, the job-specific and health suitability required for the exercise of the profession must be checked in the admission procedure. When applying for the speech therapy course, your first name and last name will be transmitted to the commissioned health facility at stage 4 of the application process, where the job-specific suitability will be checked in the form of an ENT specialist examination on the legal basis of § 4 FH-MTD-AV.
If you submit foreign certificates to prove the legal admission requirements, in justified individual cases they will be sent to the responsible office in the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research and to the Austrian embassy in the country in which the certificate was issued in order to check the qualification and authenticity.
2. Quality assurance of the admission process and research:
We are always trying to improve the admission process. We would like to point out that the data collected in the course of the admission process will be evaluated and stored to improve the quality of the admission process.
3. Storage period:
Your personal data will be deleted three years after the end of the application process at the end of the calendar year. The application documents you upload and your social security number (if you have provided it) will be deleted two years after you apply. The retention period results from statutory retention requirements, the limitation periods of potential legal claims and the need to achieve the above-mentioned purpose.
If your application leads to a confirmation of study place and the conclusion of a training contract, all data for the training relationship will continue to be processed. In this case you will receive further information when the training contract is concluded.
4. Data security:
All data is stored on servers that meet high security requirements and are protected against unauthorized access by suitable technical and organizational security measures.
5. Affected rights:
As a data subject, you have the following rights, among others:
- Right to information about which personal data the University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria has stored about you,
- Right to correct, supplement or delete personal data that is incorrect or is not processed in accordance with the law,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Objection to processing
- Right to data portability.
- Information about the identity of the recipient of the transmission
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Austrian data protection authority, Barichgasse 40-42, 1030 Vienna, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: https://www.dsb.gv.at
6. Contact data:
These rights can be asserted by email to the University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria at email@example.com. Here you can also send questions and suggestions to the University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria. All current data protection information can be found at https://www.fh-gesundheitsberufe.at/en/privacy-policy